President of the Accredited Sommelier Association of Canada, Richard Sagala MBA is a lecturer in the Global MBA program at Kedge Business School (Bordeaux) and a member of the Wine & Spirits Management Academy. He is also a Vinitaly VIA Ambassador.
Richard is from Québec where he has studied and worked. He also has extensive international experience. In addition to his Wine MBA, Richard holds ten wine diplomas, certifications and accreditations from five countries: France (where he lived for five years), Italy, Canada, the UK, and the USA. He also holds a butler diploma from the Netherlands.
Richard Sagala is the owner of the IMBA (International Montreal Butler Academy) and the ÉIVV (École In Vino Veritas).
In 2016 Richard Sagala created the International Montreal Butler Academy. This unique school is home to the CEWECM the Centre of Excellence in Wine Education and Cellar Management. This is a distinct feature of the IMBA program where students will have the opportunity to taste first growths & iconic wines and will become conversant with the taste profile of old vintages and rare grape varieties.
In 2012 Richard previously created École in Vino Veritas a wine trade and business school. This is the only WSET accredited, fully bilingual, wine business school in Canada operating at a graduate level. ÉIVV research on behavioral marketing has attracted international attention from professional media in Canada, the USA, Argentina and Germany.
École in Vino Veritas research has been presented around the world:
- AAWE (American Association of Wine Economists) 2016 Bordeaux conference
- Wine 2 Wine business seminar 2015 Verona conference
- EuAWE (European Association of Wine Economists) 2014 Lyon conference
- AWBR (Academy of Wine Business Research) 2014 Geisenheim conference
- AWBR (Academy of Wine Business Research) 2013 Brock University conference
- AAWE (American Association of Wine Economists) 2013 Stellenbosch conference